Conditions of Use
A. No Legal Services or Attorney Client Relationship
Although the Web site may provide information concerning potential legal issues, it is not a substitute for legal advice from qualified counsel. You should not and are not authorized to rely on the Web site as a source of legal advice. Your use of the Web site does not create any attorney-client relationship between you and Jacoby & Meyers.
The Web site contains electronic contact information for Jacoby & Meyers attorneys. The mere act of contacting a Jacoby & Meyers attorney electronically, however, does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you wish to become a client of Jacoby & Meyers, you must contact an appropriate Jacoby & Meyers attorney, and explicitly negotiate a retention. The Website is not an invitation to form an attorney-client relationship.
Unless you have an attorney-client relationship with Jacoby & Meyers, we are not obliged to keep confidential information you may send us. Under no circumstances, therefore, should you send confidential information to Jacoby & Meyers unless you have been expressly authorized to do so by a Jacoby & Meyers attorney or you have a pre-existing documented attorney-client relationship with Jacoby & Meyers.
B. User Conduct
You agree that you will not use the Web site for any illegal purpose. In addition, you agree that:
- You will not harvest, collect, or otherwise use contact information made available on the Web site for the purpose of sending unsolicited improper communications, including without limitation, unsolicited bulk email (collectively, “spam”) and that you will not use any Jacoby & Meyers communications facility to deliver or attempt to deliver spam
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Web site or the servers and network associated with the Web site;
- You will not circumvent or attempt to circumvent any security or access control technology implemented on the Web site, or the servers and network associated with the Web site;
- You will not use the Web site in any manner designed to degrade the performance or functioning of the Web site, including, without limitation, launching Denial-of-Service (“DoS”) attacks against the Web site.
Jacoby & Meyers claims a copyright in its works presented at this Web site. Jacoby & Meyers authorizes you to view, copy, download and print Jacoby & Meyers documents on this Web site, subject to the following conditions:
The documents may be used solely for personal, noncommercial and informational purposes.
The documents may not be modified.
The following copyright notice and permission notice must appear in each document: “© Copyright 2014 Jacoby & Meyers LLC. All rights reserved. Jacoby & Meyers documents available from this Web site are protected by the copyright laws of the United States and international treaties.
D. Commercial Use of Jacoby & Meyers Web Site Materials and Screen Shots
Reproduction, copying or redistribution of materials on the Jacoby & Meyers Web site for commercial purposes is prohibited without the express written permission of Jacoby & Meyers.
E. No Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Information provided on the Web site is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or noninfringement. Jacoby & Meyers periodically adds changes, improves or updates the information and on the Web site without notice. Jacoby & Meyers assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Web site. Your use of the Web site is at your own risk. Under no circumstances and under no legal theory shall Jacoby & Meyers, its suppliers or any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Web site’s contents be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any character arising from your access to, or use of, the Web site.
F. Links to Third Party Sites
If you use any links on the Web site to websites not maintained by Jacoby & Meyers, you will leave Jacoby & Meyers Web site. The linked sites are not under the control of Jacoby & Meyers and Jacoby & Meyers is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained on a linked site. Jacoby & Meyers provides these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply recommendation, approval or endorsement by Jacoby & Meyers of the site.
G. Service Marks – Permitted Use of Jacoby & Meyers Service Marks
Jacoby & Meyers service marks identify Jacoby & Meyers products and services and let the public know the source of those products and services. You may make fair use of our service marks in advertising and promotional materials, and in referencing our products and services (for example, in a magazine article) without our permission, provided you follow standard trademark usage practices and provide proper attribution. Other uses require our written permission. If you are in doubt as to whether you need our permission for a specific type of use, please ask us.
You may not use Jacoby & Meyers logos or “design” service marks (as opposed to our service marks consisting solely of words) under any circumstances without our prior written authorization.
In addition, you may not use Jacoby & Meyers service marks, whether design or word marks, in the following ways:
- In a non-Jacoby & Meyers service name or publication title;
- In, as, or as part of, your own service or trademarks;
- To identify products or services that are not Jacoby & Meyers;
- In a manner likely to cause confusion;
- In a manner that implies inaccurately that we sponsor or endorse, or are otherwise connected with, your own activities, products and services; or
- As hidden or embedded text in web pages in an effort to cause a search of Jacoby & Meyers marks to result in a hit on a page not maintained by Jacoby & Meyers in a manner disparaging of Jacoby & Meyers;
H. Jurisdiction; Choice of Law
This Agreement and your use of the Web site shall be governed by the laws of Delaware, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, such provision shall be severed and all other provisions shall remain in force.